DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
19 Mar 2009 21:58 #43 by mikemcr
Replied by mikemcr on topic 2820N 3.3.0

Briain wrote: I also use a Samsung Q1 which has other Linn software and again, you'd see any dropouts (I've simulated them and it is really obvious) so I think the smoking gun points to the Duet Controller.
Bri

I think you'll find the fault is with the DrayTek not the Duet. Check the beta release notes on the linked site. The DrayTek firmware you are using does not handle wireless sleep mode correctly, which the Duet (quite correctly) uses. Firmware 3.x.x B012009 fixes it for me.

We don't want Logitech to remove support for sleep mode on the Controller - the battery life is poor enough as it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eric.jansen
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2009 07:12 #44 by eric.jansen
Replied by eric.jansen on topic Rock Solid
After being very disappointed with my new 2820n wireless performance, I too stumbled upon the 3.x.x_B012009 beta firmware (http://www.i-lan.com.au/downloads/firmware/Vigor2820/Beta/DV2820_3.x.x_B012009_20090203.zip). Wireless performance is now absolutely rock solid and as it seems at a constant top speed.
Amazing we need to download this from accross the globe. Draytek UK should indeed make this firmware available on their support pages.

More
20 Mar 2009 10:39 #45 by kwhittle
Replied by kwhittle on topic B012009
Hi there Eric

Thank you for posting back and updating us with on the B012009 beta and it's improved performance.

Can I just ask how long have you been testing it for, just because after my past experiences I don't want to just jump straight into another firmware change unless I know it is reasonably stable!

Also have there been any other impacts on services, as I have 25 wireless clients connecting and a IPSEC VPN tunnel.

Thanks once again for the update
Keith

• eric.jansen
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2009 23:07 #46 by eric.jansen
Replied by eric.jansen on topic Re: B012009

kwhittle wrote: Hi there Eric

Thank you for posting back and updating us with on the B012009 beta and it's improved performance.

Can I just ask how long have you been testing it for, just because after my past experiences I don't want to just jump straight into another firmware change unless I know it is reasonably stable!

Also have there been any other impacts on services, as I have 25 wireless clients connecting and a IPSEC VPN tunnel.

Thanks once again for the update
Keith

Hi,
I do not run site to site VPN's, but only use PPTP to create a vpn connection for my windows mobile device, so I can not comment on any improvement for your VPN setup.
In regards to wireless, connections ( 3 laptops and a WII) used to completely stall randomly and eventually recover. As I support a 5000+ user system remotely via Citrix, sessions used to regularly completely disconnect. This was with firmware 3.30. I then tried the different beta versions from Draytek UK website, but these caused serious lag especially noticeable with streaming media like youtube.
With firmware B012009, both wired and wireless connections dramatically improved and even running P2P, downloading some large ISO images and at the same time watching HD Youtube videos the connection speed was rock solid. No special tweaks to default settings have been made apart from administrator password and WPA2 encryption.
After a good 4 days everything still runs extremely well.

What might be of interest, when running syslog I noticed something new being logged every other 5 seconds or so under 'user acces log': PktClassification: DHCP BROADCAST!!

To be sure this is indeed related to this firmware, I just flashed back to 3.30 and these messages are not being logged.
Immediately gone back to B012009 and the PktClassification: DHCP BROADCAST!! messages are logged again.

An interesting read after a google session: http://blogs.technet.com/teamdhcp/archive/2009/02/12/dhcp-broadcast-flag-handling-in-windows-7.aspx

Looks like indeed something has been fixed in relation to DHCP and most likely other enhancements in this firmware!

• eric.jansen
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2009 23:08 #47 by eric.jansen
Replied by eric.jansen on topic Re: B012009
sorry duplicate post

More
24 Mar 2009 22:22 #48 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic Re: Rock Solid

eric.jansen wrote: After being very disappointed with my new 2820n wireless performance, I too stumbled upon the 3.x.x_B012009 beta firmware (http://www.i-lan.com.au/downloads/firmware/Vigor2820/Beta/DV2820_3.x.x_B012009_20090203.zip). Wireless performance is now absolutely rock solid and as it seems at a constant top speed.
Amazing we need to download this from accross the globe. Draytek UK should indeed make this firmware available on their support pages.

I just tried this and my VOIP dialling rules crapped out so I couldn't make an outgoing call without the numbers getting muddled up. :roll:

Wireless was good though.

Reverted to 3.2.1 and VOIP is back to normal again.