DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

More
17 Dec 2008 11:59 #13 by plemonde
Replied by plemonde on topic 2820N 3.3.0

gcp wrote: Just reported this to Draytek support and they confirmed it is an issue with 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 and advised me to revert to 3.2.1 for now.

I finally got fed up and logged it yesterday morning as well, before your post.

They've come back to me and said it's a problem in 3.3.0 and they're working on a fix for it now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2008 22:54 #14 by charliegadget
Replied by charliegadget on topic 2820N 3.3.0

tcjason wrote: *Charlie*
I seem to be getting the same result as you, static IP addresses work fine, it's not a workaround for me though due to most of our users being travelling sales reps and managers.

what I am saying is that after the wireless driver upgrade on my laptops I am using DHCP and I have not had any issues...

Using it now!!

Charlie

More
24 Dec 2008 09:26 #15 by gcp
Replied by gcp on topic 2820N 3.3.0
It's a weird one I must admit. I have multiple mixed devices on my wireless network. Things like my Apple laptops and iPhone always connect, but my new eeePC and older Dell Inspiration (both running XP) always connect intermittently. Rebooting the router when they don't connect sorts them out for a little while. They all have the latest drivers too.

charliegadget wrote:

tcjason wrote: *Charlie*
I seem to be getting the same result as you, static IP addresses work fine, it's not a workaround for me though due to most of our users being travelling sales reps and managers.

what I am saying is that after the wireless driver upgrade on my laptops I am using DHCP and I have not had any issues...

Using it now!!

Charlie

More
29 Dec 2008 17:25 #16 by isdoo
Replied by isdoo on topic 2820N 3.3.0

plemonde wrote:

gcp wrote: Just reported this to Draytek support and they confirmed it is an issue with 3.3.0 and 3.3.2 and advised me to revert to 3.2.1 for now.

I finally got fed up and logged it yesterday morning as well, before your post.

They've come back to me and said it's a problem in 3.3.0 and they're working on a fix for it now.

Seems to be a common issue - we are having to revert all our routers back to the older version :(

More
30 Dec 2008 23:09 #17 by fatbtcher
Replied by fatbtcher on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I've found the same issue across a range of devices, PC, Linux, iPhone and Windows Mobile, not always able to get IP from DHCP over wireless.

Downgraded back to 3.2.1 and alls fine.

Fustrating that they know theres a bug in it, but still leave the download up with no warning!

More
01 Jan 2009 22:01 #18 by charliegadget
Replied by charliegadget on topic 2820N 3.3.0
well all i can suggest is you move your DHCP services to a server on your lan until this is fixed..

Charlie