Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820N 3.3.0

• jolley
  • User
  • User
More
04 Oct 2009 08:42 #67 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I thought that 3.3.2.1 was the answer to our wireless problems but still our XP laptops with Intel 2200BG cards sometimes receive repeated event ID 1003 whilst aquiring their IP address.

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001122334455. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cbsys
  • User
  • User
More
09 Oct 2009 23:21 #68 by cbsys
Replied by cbsys on topic 2820N 3.3.0
just upgraded to 3.3.2.1 firmware and hey its broken my wireless!
WPA & WPA2 just doesnt work
I can connect via WEP, but I dont get DHCP so I have to use a manual address!

not very happy - these days it seems like draytek firmware releases break more than they fix! :?

More
10 Oct 2009 20:22 #69 by blowdart
Replied by blowdart on topic 2820N 3.3.0

jolley wrote: I thought that 3.3.2.1 was the answer to our wireless problems but still our XP laptops with Intel 2200BG cards sometimes receive repeated event ID 1003 whilst aquiring their IP address.

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001122334455. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

Seeing the same here. Booted up the XP laptop, and it holds a connection for about 20 minutes then drops. Given that when I used Intel drivers on my Win7 machine, for a different intel card I saw the same, I think the router just doesn't like intel drivers.

I saw this before with the 2800, and ended up buying a separate AP, but this time I don't want to, and am harassing seg about getting this reported as a bug and fixed.

• jolley
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2009 23:07 #70 by jolley
Replied by jolley on topic 2820N 3.3.0
Just adjusted the power management settings in the advanced properties for my Intel 2200BG card to highest value/max performance and not had an issue since, this may help others with similar problems.

Update, the issue still occurs.

More
25 Oct 2009 23:52 #71 by apotts
Replied by apotts on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I had to disable "n" to let vista connect.

More
09 Nov 2009 13:21 #72 by vanaalten
Replied by vanaalten on topic 2820N 3.3.0
I also have connection problems with my 2820Vn (3.3.3 firmware) and a laptop with an Intel 4965AGN mini-PCI-express card: the connection works for a few minutes then stops until I reboot my PC. No indication on the laptop that the connection has stopped, but I can't ping the router or get webpages anymore.

I have 'solved' it: I disabled MIMO (multi-in, multi-output) on the wireless card (some advanced config setting on the laptop wifi-card setting). I now have a rock-solid 802.11n connection... only not as fast as it could have been.

Hopefully it gets solved a.s.a.p, but in the meantime disabling MIMO may solve it for you as well.