DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862ac WiFi Problems

More
05 May 2019 23:41 #19 by saint667
Replied by saint667 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
Hi everyone

I was also suffering from this issue.

After some minor changes to the Wi-fi settings themselves, the problem has gone away and the router’s Wi-fi has been stable on both frequencies for 3 days now. It could have been caused by mixing WPA/WPA2 across different gateways and frequencies.

Changes made were:
2.4 GHz - All gateways Mode changed to Mixed 11b+11g+11n
All security modes changed to WPA2/PSK
5 GHz - All gateways Mode changed to Mixed 11a+11n+11ac
All security modes changed to WPA2/PSK

Hope this works for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2019 19:00 #20 by dallinas
Replied by dallinas on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
set the settings as above and split my wireless network and we'll see what happens, i had a ssid which was set the same on both 2.4 and 5ghz bands this i have now switched off, i suspect this is what was causing the random reboots. never had an issue on my 2830 with no built in wireless!

More
07 Aug 2019 21:05 #21 by gadgetboy8878
Replied by gadgetboy8878 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I too have WiFi problems with a 2925AC similar to those already mentioned. As a general comment the WiFi performance is utterly attrocious compared to the Super Hub 3.0 I was using but the Super Hub has so many other issues living with bad WiFi is the lesser of two evils.

The problems are two fold. 1) Outside the room where the router is the signal is hit and miss. Monitoring it with a Wifi analyser you can see the signal strength rising and falling. This isn't small variation - the signal can suddenly drop by 20 or 30 db and stay low for several minutes and then jump back up again. This is with a stud wall between the receiver and the router. 2) Secondly, devices showing a strong WiFi signal but there is no network connectivity. The only was to correct this is disconnect and reconnect or reboot the router. Often Android devices will show the WiFi connect but with the little x for no Internet connection.

In this day and age for what is a relatively expensive router this sort of performance doesn't cut the mustard and is unacceptable.

More
01 Nov 2019 07:02 #22 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
This thread content disappoints me. I have a 2860 for several years that has suffered this problem from the start. I was looking to see if the 2862ac was more reliable so I could vpn the two between two premises. Clearly buying a Draytek with wifi is a waste of time still.

The strength with Draytek seems to bt the amount of features, and I'm guessing the VPN between two LAN's is also good.

My option, unless someone tells me that the wifi issues are solved, is to use my own wifi approach, but then there's no point in buying a Draytek router with wifi!

More
02 Nov 2019 21:08 #23 by klemm
Replied by klemm on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
The community is just getting stonewalled with this issue.

Draytek please can you help your customer with acknowledgment of this issue and let us know what we can do to resolve? My £450 Vigor 2862Lac performs worse than the free router from my ISP.

More
03 Nov 2019 09:18 #24 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I have decided to cut out Draytek wifi altogether with my new premises. I will opt for a thrid party mesh system like Linksys Velop or Netgear. I've forgotten what its like to have reliable wifi.

I will hopefully still go for a Draytek router as a firewall & VPN server for the network though.

Drayteks are losing popularity because of this wifi issue I think - real shame.

Moderators: Sami