Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862ac WiFi Problems

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jul 2020 20:26 #37 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
My 5g has always had a different name and I've also tried manually selecting the band, but I hope it solved it for you. Gives us some hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2020 09:15 #38 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I know its a different model but I'm having a nightmare with 3 x AP902's which are randomly rebooting - especially when I just access their web page to check their uptime (ironically).

Draytek have asked me to start removing other devices from my lan as they say they think it's something else which is causing the problem. Given I have almost 50 other devices on my LAN I would rather replace the AP's with something a little more robust.

Dave

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2020 11:01 #39 by flash2
I'd personally not invest in Draytek wifi too heavily. Firewalls and hard wired stuff yes - seems to work well, with regular software updates. Wifi seems too flaky and there appears no fix after years of complaining on these forums, with various devices.

Currently looking at a combination of Draytek as firewall/router, and Ubiquiti AC Pro as access point(s). Not got very far with that investigation though yet.

• matty-uk_1978
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2020 12:27 #40 by matty-uk_1978
Replied by matty-uk_1978 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I had the same issue with the setup I had done for my Dad. Vigor 2860ac and 2 AP902s. All was well until I firmware updated the APs and router back at the start of the year. I ended up disableding the management of the APs from the router and doing the config manually. That stopped the rebooting. I figure there will be an update at some point to fix the remote management.

• peterg22
  • User
  • User
More
06 Aug 2020 12:47 #41 by peterg22
Replied by peterg22 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems

paul.mcl wrote:
similar issues with a new 2862n running the latest firmware and using 2.4G WiFi

Same here .. I bought a new 2862n to replace an ageing 2860n and have to say the WiFi performance is still questionable.

Part of my problem is that I live in a Victorian property with "real" solid walls, but I have to question why a cheapo TP-Link
wifi router (used as an extender) to link my outdoor Blink cam can work reliably and my 2862n cannot. I've ordered an AP700
to help out but really I shouldn't have to do this.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
06 Aug 2020 13:43 #42 by flash2
That rules out the 2862 for me then. Anyone with any success on the 2926 router I wonder (or others)....or are we dealing with a wifi problem on all Draytek routers?