DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862ac WiFi Problems

More
08 Apr 2022 15:55 #67 by tonysanders
Replied by tonysanders on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
Yes that's my experience - they seem to behave well, on and between, my two AP903s IF my 2862n isn't broacasting an SSID that they can also connect to. The AP903s seem okay to be fair - I think this has to do with the 2862n. I don't run a mesh - I have ethernet to my AP903s. I was in two minds as to whether to buy another AP903 to replace the 2862 WiFi or try a Ubiquiti AP. I suspect either option will work but opted for the Ubiquiti - let's see how I get on with the latter. (I am new to this forum, have used Draytek for years, and will continue to do so for routing at least, and I must say that draytek.co.uk as forum owners seem good at not moderating out posts that are not complimentary - credit to them).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2022 11:06 #68 by tonysanders
Replied by tonysanders on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
Have now transitioned to Ubiquiti APs and the Unifi Network Application (self managed). Simply astonishing ! Works well with the 2862n (routing only) and 2862n VLANs. I wonder how much more it would add to the Draytek manufacting costs to add the type of radios/antennas Ubuiqiti use to Draytek higher end products - if they did they would smash it I suspect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami