Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862ac WiFi Problems

• peterg22
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2020 13:53 #49 by peterg22
Replied by peterg22 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I've (kind of) sorted this now by adding a Draytek AP710 as a wired universal repeater and moving that to a different part of the house. :evil: It would be ironic if it used the same circuitry as in the 2862.

Can't fault the wired component though:

Download: 67.31 Mbit/s
Upload: 18.25 Mbit/s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2020 14:19 #50 by flash2
Replied by flash2 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
Hard to try to sort it out by buying more Draytek wifi products- they would have to bring out a new router with new improved wifi for me to gain confidence.

Andrew, is it the TP-Link AX1800 or AX3000 you went for? I don't think they have the Powerline feature do they? AX3000 looks pretty pricey.

Just read about Ubiquiti privacy issues. Difficult to know if its a storm in a tea cup, but food for thought. And also reinforces the hybrid approach - i.e. Draytek firewall, thrid party wifi.

More
07 Aug 2020 14:31 #51 by andrew2010
Replied by andrew2010 on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
It was the X60 AX3000. The AX180 is the X20, I think - which is a bit cheaper. Neither has the Powerline feature - just two Ethernet sockets per device.

Yes - it is getting harder to know what's a real issue and what's not on data security and privacy - as I say, I'd like greater transparency on exactly what goes where - it's amazing how difficult it is to uncover.

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2020 16:51 #52 by flash2
(Slightly off topic, but I notice a few on this thread have a 2926, and that may be my choice if I use a separate wifi solution:)

How fast does your 2926 (or 2862 for that matter) manage to download/upload (using Ethernet connection) on FTTP?

I've a 300mb FTTP, but the 2860 only manages a 255mb download/213.34 upload (compared to a Linksys Velop router which manages 334/253). Want to check if the bottleneck if the processing power of the 2860, which is hopefully better on the 2926 (or 2862).

More
19 Oct 2020 23:00 #53 by neillywheely
Replied by neillywheely on topic Re: 2862ac WiFi Problems
I’ve just found this thread and thought I would add a +1 to this. I had a Vigor 2860n and started having WiFi connectivity problems of the nature described in this thread. Because of those issues, I upgraded to a Vigor 2862ac, which I expected to fix the problems and to be an improvement. Sadly, if anything, my WiFi problems are worse with the 2862ac. Apple devices (iPhones, iPads) seemed to be suffering particularly badly with randomly occurring on-off WiFi (which appeared to be sudden authentication failures, if I ready the Draytek’s syslog output properly), resulting in screams from my kids and, on one occasion, the draining of my son’s mobile data allowance. I have an Apple Time capsule, so I’ve enabled the AP on that and moved the Apple devices’ WiFi to it, where they are all now rock solid reliable, but the problems with the 2862 are not confined to Apple devices. I could move everything else over there, but Ideally I want to make use of the multiple SSIDs feature that the Draytek router has. Has anyone managed to overcome these problems without abandoning the 2862’s WiFi?

• flash2
  • User
  • User
More
20 Oct 2020 08:33 #54 by flash2
I 've had this issue (not as bad as the current 2927 I'm experiencing) on the 2860vac and 2862av. Readning back my messages I'm not sure why I tried again.

May try the TP-link mesh range for the wifi bit. Someone on here did that...wonder if they also had Apple devices..who was that? Ah yes Andrew2010 a couple of messagers up in this thread.